Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SPC - 'Inspired by Literature' - #5

Lingering In The Golden Gleam

"In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?"
Lewis Carroll - Through The Looking Glass


I figured when we were doing "Inspired by Literature" as a challenge theme for SPC that Lewis Carroll's Alice would likely make an appearance or two and I was right. There are at least three in the pool and this will make four. I knew I wanted to represent "Through The Looking Glass" in a "Through The Viewfinder" shot. This one is not exactly what I had in mind, but it's what I had time for. :-)

A brief word on the bottom camera seen in this shot. Over a year ago, lovegreendog hosted a give away on a couple of TLR cameras. I received one of those. This is the first TTV shot I've taken with it, but I did run a roll of 120 film through it last fall. I never made those photos public until just now. Here if you want to see.

My apologies to lovegreendog for the long delay in getting around to this. I intend to do more soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought-provoking words beneath a smart shot. God Bless You.

astuteabode.blogspot.com