Friday, July 08, 2011

Photo Friday - 'Gloomy'

Nicholson File Co. (Wide)


I missed Photo Friday's "Sharp Focus" challenge last week. My company decided to give its employees Friday off in addition to Monday for the Independence Day holiday, so we had a fun, activity-filled, 4-day weekend, including Friday. Then, it was a
short week this week (not to complain).

I guess one could say that I got a bit out of focus regarding the 'sharp focus' challenge.

It's a bit of an odd challenge, too. I mean, "sharp focus" is a pretty fundamental element to photography. What's next week's challenge going to be: correct exposure?? It's not that I don't get out of focus shots from time to time, but I wouldn't likely be using an improperly focused picture to participate in a photography challenge, regardless of how formal or informal the challenge is.

Having said that, there are times when experimenting with intentionally defocused or unsharp photos can be advantageous.

Had I participated, I probably would have used one of these, combining sharp focus with an item or object that is also physically sharp:

2 comments:

photofarrell@gmail.com said...

Nice work. Totally envy the weather conditions here.

Chad P. Shepherd said...

I saw this photo... and immediately wanted to walk on the pavement, push the gate, and gaze up to the top of the stack. Captivated my imagination for some time. I think if I ever abandon my home... this would be a good place to host my minions.