Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SPC - 'Flashback' - #4

Well, we're coming to the end of the "Flashback - 2009" challenge. This month I challenged participants to choose two or more themes from 2009 (see list below) and do a new self portrait that combines the themes in some way.

Album Covers
Indroduce Yourself
Headless
High Key / Low Key
Diptych
Shoes
Seven Deadly Sins
Childhood
Portals
Hats
tiny words
Red


The entries have been widely varied in theme and style, but so far, nobody has managed to get all twelve themes into a single image.

Here's my stab at the "Tremendous Twelve."

Tremendous Twelve?

Album Covers - Star Wars CD - Check!

Indroduce Yourself - Hi, I'm Jeremy and I spent way too much time thinking about how to do this! - Check!

Headless - Both myself and 'poor Greedo' -- Check!

High Key / Low Key -- See the little key up HIGH in the frame? - Check!

Diptych - Polyptych, check!

Shoes - Chucks! Check!

Childhood - Greedo action figure and the Star Wars soundtrack. I can remember begging my cousin to play the Star Wars theme on a little air organ that we had in the hallway at our house. I can also remember having an 8-track cartridge that contained the Star Wars theme, but it wasn't the first track in that particular "Program" (8-tracks only had 4 program stops, right?) -- so I had to listed to "Love Story" or some such "nonsense" so that I could hear the Star Wars theme in all its glory!

Portals - corner of a window up there in the upper right corner - Check!

Hats - My son's Fire Chief outift - Check

tiny words -- Check!

Red -- The hat, again, Check

Seven Deadly Sins -- oops, I guess I was too slothly to include that one -- oh, wait...Check!!


Cheating? Maybe.

:-)

No comments: