Tuesday, July 03, 2007

SPC - Elements - Water

July's theme over at SPC is 'Elements: Water - Air - Earth - Fire'

My intention is to do one of each and I'm starting with:

Water
waterwater

We had our annual Stockwell Family Independence Day celebration this past weekend and we had the opportunity to spend some time in my cousin's pool while there. I'm breaking one of my own rules here (let's call them "guidelines") by not pressing the shutter release myself on this one. My wife, Christy, captured this moment of me and my son in the pool together. I really liked how it turned out and I'm justifying bending the rule here because of relatively short notice on the new theme.

Our "July 4th" has been a staple of the Stockwell family for as long as I can remember. It has always been a day that we all look forward to during the summer. It is one of a couple of times during the year where the whole family gets together. Not just my sister's family and my parents and us, but all the aunts and uncles and cousins and their children. It's always great to have the opportunity to catch up with everyone and see how the children are growing. There are foods that you can count on being there and activities, too. You can usually bet that a game of frisbee will start up at some point and sometimes basketball, volleyball, badminton, or even croquet. We always let the young children (yeah, I used to be one of those) do whippersnappers, champagne poppers, sparklers, etc. Then some of the older boys or uncles are set in charge of lighting off some larger fireworks for everyone to enjoy at dusk.



More 'Elements' self-portraits HERE.

No comments: