Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SPC - New Year Resolutions - #5.1

February's theme over at Self Portrait Challenge has been revealed as 'Black & White.' This is about the most 'freestyle' theme they've had over there for quite some time. It ought to be interesting to see what people come up with.

Since the normal posting day (Tuesday) is still in January, but the bulk of this week is in February, I'm going to make this post work for both themes.

So, my January resolution is to "Stay Warm."
And, obviously it is Black & White.



In this photo, I'm wearing my Sears Work'N Leisure winter coat. This coat used to belong to my Dad. I think I discovered it in the basement when I was in high school and it's been 'mine' ever since. I love this coat. It has several things going for it:

1.) I feel that when I wear it, I resemble Han Solo at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back.
2.) Snorkel hood -- can be flipped out or flipped back for desired warmth/vision.
3.) If I'm sledding and don't have a sled -- no problem. It's long enough that I can just sit on it and it's slick enough that I don't even need a sled, ha!
4.) Keeps me warm & toasty.
5.) One word: Bulletproof

No comments: