Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Love Of God

We're enjoying spring here in Indiana.

The redbuds, dogwoods are in full bloom, and the lilacs soon will be.

I took a couple of nature pics recently with which I was pleased and I thought I'd combine them with a few older ones for a post here. I got to thinking about the song, The Love of God by Frederick M. Lehman. It seemed to fit, so a portion of the lyric is below. The third verse is probably one of the most perfect lyrics ever composed.

(As usual -- click on any picture to enlarge)
OceanSkyStalk

Could we with ink the ocean fill,

And were the skies of parchment made

Were every stalk on earth a quill,

And every man a scribe by trade,

To write the love of God above,

Would drain the ocean dry.

Nor could the scroll contain the whole,

Though stretched from sky to sky.


OceanSkyStalk

No comments: